Whether you are a Canadian Forces Member, family member, loved one or friend of one, at some level you understand and appreciate the unique challenges that are inherent in serving Canada in such a selfless and all encompassing way. The required commitment, training, postings, promotion system and potential dangers makes being a Canadian Armed Forces member very different from any other occupation found in Canada. At the Calgary MFRC, our job is to help you in any way we can to lessen the impact these challenges pose.
The Calgary MFRC has been serving CAF members and their families and loved ones in Southern Alberta for over 20 years, working to provide programs and services that meet the changing needs of our clients. Currently, our programs and services fall into six main areas:
- Deployment Services
- Counseling and Intervention Services
- Child and Youth Services
- Transition and Relocation Services
- Member and Event Services
- Volunteer Services
As a not for profit independent charity, governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the Centre currently receives approximately 50% of its funding from the Military Family Support Programs, under the Department of National Defense. The other 50% of funds required to provide the programs and services come from a combination of:
- Casino Funds
- User fees
- Sale of Support our Troops Merchandise
As a result of the Board of Directors commitment to be non discriminatory, along with our diverse funding sources, our client group includes the immediate* family members of Canadian Forces Members as well as:
- All deployed members, and designated loved ones
- All Regular Force Members
- All Class C Reserve Members
- All Class A/B Reservists
- Regular Force Veterans released in the previous 24 months**
- All Members deployed in the previous three years
- All Family members of those lost due to their service
- * Significant others, children, parents and siblings that reside in Southern Alberta regardless of where the CF member is posted.
- **Our free services are open to ALL Veterans
We hope that you find the information you are seeking here. If you have any further questions about what we can do to support you or your Canadian Armed Forces member please don't hesitate to contact us.
Be sure to get your copy of the monthly Homefront Newsletter. It has lots of great information on the workshops, resources, services and events for military members and their families in Southern Alberta. This monthly publication is available at the Calgary MFRC, online, or can be emailed or mailed to you. Sign up today.